Sunday, August 24, 2008

the update

Well, my last post saw me saying forget nutrition and just get something into Little One... The virus continued to progress and Little One was admitted to the hospital early Thursday morning. She was so dehydrated and exhausted... No matter what we gave her she would not take it... So, 3 IV bags and 1 injection of moriphine later we seemed better and were discharged from the hospital. The good thing about her being there was they tested everything.... so, we know her kidneys, liver, blood work, urinalysis etc are all totally normal... not one thing wrong that could come up on a test. I brought her home and ended back in Urgent Care with myself that night... same thing... not as severe as Little One but it gave me a whole new appreciation for her pain and discomfort... So, Little One was on a baby dose of vicodin like medication and I was on an adult dose of codeine and we are both making a full recovery... even starting to eat something. So, I am hoping this will be the worst of it... and as I say this I realize we are not even in cold and flu season! Awesome...

I have tons to update on this blog... will try to get to it later tonight... Just wanted to give you guys an update on our Little One.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Boy, you guys don't do anything half-way! Glad everyone is on the mend. Maybe you'll be sick now and not during the cold/flu season. Good luck!