Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The second day of school

Was met with some drama... It was the first day on the school bus. Miss M could not wait to be with all her friends again... she is so over me driving her now. Miss A was a little more reserved. She was nervous... but everyone was trying to make her feel better and she was ready. Miss M held her hand the whole time and on the bus they go. The bus driver said that I (who has to take pictures of EVERYTHING) could jump on and get a quick picture of Miss A on her first bus ride. I see her sobbing... crying and carrying on... She is "scared". And next thing I hear is "Mommy, please follow the bus, don't leave me"... So, I of course being the completely neurotic mother that I am follow the bus through subdivisions and all the way to school.

I go to the back where they drop off the kids and their bus was the only one there. Well, a transportation lady comes running up saying I cannot be there.. it is for buses only! Which is funny cause lots of you know that my Yukon XL could be painted yellow and look just like a bus! Anyways, she let me pull in front of the bus and I saw the kids get off... Miss A was surrounded by all our neighborhood friends. I rolled down the window and called her name. Miss M looked like she was about to die from embarrassment, but Miss A came running over and said "I love the bus, it is so fun!" So, even though I embarrassed her sister Miss A came through it without long lasting effects! :-)
Here is the "moment" in pictures

We arrive... ready for the bus!

Thank goodness for my sister and friends!

Waiting patiently!

The bus is here... having some jitters... thank goodness for Miss Debby!

Ok hold Miss M's hand and off we go...

On our way....

Bye Mommy!

Miss M and her friend make sure Miss A gets on first

Went back to take her picture and this is what I found....I tried to tell her it would be ok.

This is her begging me to take her off the bus...

Here I am... neurotic mother following the bus!

3 comments:

Gia said...

Moms will be moms! Love will all ways win us over...

Take a look at my blog.... parenting tips on just about everything.

www.jollykidz.blogspot.com

Love your blog!

Shannon said...

Hi!

Hope things have smoothed out somewhat. Our first day is Monday and I think we're mostly excited, on average anyway! Next time we go to Aspen Grove we'd LOVE to have you guys there. It is a blast. I'm sure we'll keep you posted.

ChicagoMama said...

I would so follow the bus, too!