Monday, February 9, 2009

Gotta love Mondays....

NOT! :-)

Alli and I started our first of 5 indoor days today... It actually started off great. We got the girls off to school, watched Sesame Street, played, started laundry... all the usual fun stuff. I then decided if we had to be inside all week we were going to knock some major things off of the to do list. First up... Alli's closet. You could not even walk into it with all we have... So, I started and kept pulling stuff out. Carrie and Janae, you both have some large boxes headed your way!

I am right in the middle of it when the phone rings... I don't know why but I think "please don't let it be school"... I look and there is the nurse's phone number... Pick it up and it is Aubrey. Crying with a tummy ache that will not stop... has tried to go potty and nothing... So, we go over to pick her up. Thank god I know people in the office and they watched Alli for me in the car. Dr says do not take her out and I end up at an elementary school's nurse's office... Great huh! We get her home and I conclude she is constipated... She is also getting a bit of the cough Alli had. We get her some apple juice with Benefiber and some lunch and by about 3pm it works its magic... all is well!

We thought....

As I am putting Alli to bed I hear Aubrey run out of her room... "What's wrong" I call? I hear her just crying and find her on the bathroom floor throwing up... Lovely! As I find her Alli comes walking in behind me saying "Aubee? Aubee?" YIKES... So, put her in bed with Megan to read... Get Aubrey in the tub to wash up... Remove everything from the bathroom that now needs to be laundered (along with the 6 other loads I have downstairs) and go into her room to get her clean jammies... only to find that this lovely event started in her room in her bed to be exact... So, strip the sheeets, re-make the bed, get her re-settled with a bowl by her side...

Run and put Alli to bed, get the dog out before this huge storm we are experiencing right now hits, make arrangements for tomorrow... climb back into bed with Aubrey only for her to start throwing up again... At least I am there and see it is from the coughing and she made it to the bowl.

She has now settled in for what I hope is a better night. Alli went down like a champ... talking to herself like she normally does so I am hoping she too is back to her old self.

What a week... and as I write all this I am imagining my hubby putting his room service trays out for someone else to clean, taking a nice LONG hot shower in silence and climbing into bed for an uninterrupted restful sleep... But, then I also remember that he has to get up in the morning and go work and deal with the business world tomorrow... the kids and I will most likely stay in jammies and watch movies all day... So, I guess it is even? :-) Love you Mike!

2 comments:

kyleandbeth said...

Is it ever going to end? Someone forgot to tell your gilrs that January is over and time for the sickness to go away.

Shannon said...

I have obviously not checked in for a few days. I've been tryng to figure out when I'm going to do the 25 random things and missed the whole hospital experience. I'm SO glad she seems to be feeling better. Hope Aubrey does the same, soon. Enjoy the storm. Those are perfect days to be home in pajamas, snuggled in blankets, and watching movies. Hope life smoothes out soon!